Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wednesday Night at the V.S.

I passed out on my couch almost immediately upon arriving at my house yesterday afternoon. I slept solidly for an hour before calling work to see if they were going to need me for my on-call shift. Despite my crossing of my arms, legs, and fingers, in hopes of freedom, they decided that they wanted me and i was forced to abandon my noble attempt at sleep.

I went in a few minutes early so I could go pick up my Mel Torme cd from the old stomping grounds across the hall. Jo got married to some military fellow. Mike's hair grew out again. I forced, yes, FORCED, him to give me a hug. Sadly, he's one of those that tends to give spaghetti arms hugs anyway. I think I really would like to go back there for christmas. They balance out my work habits. V.S. is all about manual labor, running, "skipping," and stressing over the details. FYE is about sales pitching, standing around, and talking about movies that people can't remember the title of. Doing both keeps me from collapsing.

There's a whole new crew at Victoria's Secret. They all seem well enough, but it seems like they always hire skeezey (sp?) people for sales support. They're the people you're ashamed to be seen in public with. Meanwhile, all the sales girls are pleasant, attractive, and considerable less skeezey. I flirted with switching to sales at V.S., but I'm not sure how good I am at selling things to women, or how i feel about pressuring people into getting more credit cards in the middle of an economic dip. On to the reason why I decided to write this... Last night, we were told that we would not be allowed to leave until the store was 100%, no matter how long we had been there, or what our schedule was intended to be. A few people had been there since 2pm.

I "projection layered" one of the back launch pads so it would looks christmas-y, arranged "Long Jane's" on their gifting table, made mock boxes for the understock, arranged Flannel Jim-Jams on their gifting tables, made mock boxes for their understock, and then, Kristen decided that there was something about me, that said "Wow, I'm really good at tying ribbons, and would like nothing more than to tie a zillion ribbons right at this very moment." She had tied five or so and sent me over to finish the table. I suppose being artsy means that you can do any and everything to do with presentation? Anyway, I walked over and immediately wished I had taken a crash course in ribbon tying with grandma. She's super good at it. After trial and error, the best way to tie ribbons is the "Bunny Ear Method" that you learn in pre-school before you learn the "Grown Up" way. If you tie ribbons the grown up way, they tend to tilt sideway, which will not do. Once I was done with the front table, while heading back, Schareka stopped me and asked me to tie bows for the beauty room. Four bows later, i was moved on to trash duty because Kristen knows that I don't "Dilly dally." Halfway into this job, Schareka walks over and has me tie one additional ribbon. >.<

This was followed by a trash run, recovering panties in core, recovering all of intimissimi, lounge, and then recovering the pink room, folding and hanging hoodies. We got out promptly at 1am. I drove home and watched a Woodstock documentary with my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Woodstock with dad. Dads are always good for a wee hour documentary.

    ReplyDelete